Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yet more ancestors changing their names

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 21 Mar 2005 14:40

Hi everyone here we go again more of our ancestors thought they'd play us up with name changes.I've been doing a lot of research on hubbys maternal side (how come I spend so much time on his tree mind you he can't complain that I'm always on the computer then...). I've spent weeks on and off looking for his G.Parents Eliza and Basil especially their marriage ,yep you've guessed it Elizas name at marriage changes to Lilah and Basil apparently was never Basil but George Frank,and I put mygrey hair down to old age (well some of it). Just thought I'd share that with you, Happy hunting everyone, Elaine

Elaine

Elaine Report 21 Mar 2005 15:18

Hi Tracy,if you're like me it makes you cross and double check everything ,I think maybe they they just want to keep us on our toes......god bless em. Elaine

Jools

Jools Report 21 Mar 2005 18:32

Elaine - I've been doing a tree for a friend. Their ancestors are called Rosher - except if you get far enough back (to Pakenham) in the early/mid 1800's they were Rosier !!

Elaine

Elaine Report 21 Mar 2005 23:25

Hi Jools, Sorry for late reply have just got back on computer have been doing boring housewife things!.Thanks for that info that's very interesting looks like I'll be doing a lot more on hubbys side of the tree yet again!!!!!!!!!!! Elaine

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 21 Mar 2005 23:45

Jools and Elaine I hardly think that from Rosher to Rosier counts as a name change! Rosher is the phonetic spelling of Rosier and spelling wasnt formalised until the late 1800s. Now, Blenkinsop to Rosier WOULD be a name change! Marjorie

Elaine

Elaine Report 22 Mar 2005 00:19

Hey Marjorie,don't go giving the ancestors any ideas,knowing our lot they'll give it a try...LOL, Elaine