Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Letting off steam..Update

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maud

Maud Report 21 Mar 2005 10:40

Hi, glad I`m not the only one having problems with Family relatives. Again this morning resceived another tempoerary pasword, STILL cannot get access!! Its getting to be a bit of a farce, I`ve again written them a right stinker, but they don`t seem to care, or apologise, I`ve never expierenced anything like this before. Its such a shame, because it could have been such a help, instead of ploughing through 1837. Yes Margaret, I do have quite a number of unused credits, that is whats making me so WILD, I had planned to do so much at the weekend and that was 'lost' now again this morning no joy, so that will be ANOTHER lost day, they take so long to answer & send a password, I wonder just how many other people are being frustrated by the whole thing. They should never have launced this site without making sure it was in working order, obviously SOMEONE must be responsible for the 'cock ups' There was so much hype given about it before it became operational, and what a disappointment it has turned out to be, sad.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Mar 2005 10:44

they certainly seem to be their own worst enemies ! Overall its worked for me, but once or twice its got itself very confused. I have done lookups for others who were frustrated at the timeouts, and wanted to use up their credits... - if you want me to help, send me a PM.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 21 Mar 2005 10:47

I'd mail them for a refund. It's not your fault their site won't let you in. You could try re-registering. I think if you registered before the site went 'live', some of the accounts have bugs in them. One of mine went funny, so I registered again and it's been fine since. Thankfully, I didn't have any pending credits on it.