Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family search question?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 20 Mar 2005 17:29

Hi I have found a possible birth on family search, can anyone tell me how I go about checking for other siblings.Many thanks Ann

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 20 Mar 2005 17:36

Hi Anne Scroll down to the bottom of the page with the birth on and you should see a reference number beginning with C. Click on that and in the next window just fill in fathers forename and surname and mothers forename if it appeared. Click on search and you should be presented with all or some of the other children for that couple who were baptised in the same parish. Jeanette x

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Mar 2005 17:39

Hi Ann Bring up the name that you are interested in. Near the bottom you will see the Batch Number. Click on this and it will bring up the search page, but with just the batch number ientered in it. No enter the surname you are interested in and the father's name. This will bring up all the children for that surname and father who are recorded on the batch. Typically a batch will cover a whole series of entries from the same parish records covering several years.

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 20 Mar 2005 17:40

Hi Jeanette Have scrolled down have batch nos but start with P.is this it Ann

Ann ♣

Ann ♣ Report 20 Mar 2005 17:43

Jeanette Peter thanks ever so much.Its worked! Ann

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Mar 2005 17:48

This site has an explanation of the IGI Batch numbers, which might be of interest to those of you who use the site. http://www.rawlins.cnchost * com/igi.html

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 20 Mar 2005 18:52

Sadly, Batch numbers don't work for me. If I enter James and Margaret H, I get a total of 63 children! Luckily, I already knew there were at least seven couples in the same village with the same name. Marjorie