Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why arnt things ever simple

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 18 Mar 2005 21:41

for a long time now i have been looking for great gran parents marriage to no avail i have found her on 1881 census with her family but nothing about him or his familys so last week i was going to give up on them then i decided to play about with the spellings of there surnames then i came up with a marriage wich sounded very similar to my great grandparents but before i sent of a cheque and order a marriage certificate to c who his father was i email the register office in wich they married and i got an email back confirming grandmothers dad so i no this is the right great grandparents all i can say is nice one sunderland register office and thank you smiler

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Mar 2005 21:43

Smiler Sometimes they are simple, but I am now quite staggered when I find information which is correct in the place where I expect to find it! nell

Robert

Robert Report 19 Mar 2005 19:09

In the beginning god made everything simple. There were no problems, if you wanted to eat you simply plucked a fruit. We had no need for clothes or tools and the sun shone every day. However, after a while we noticed that life was aimless with little point. So one day we invented problems, and life gained meaning. Through solving these probelms we grew and developed. We liked solving problems so much, that we spent more and more time creating these problems to solve. Now we are happy, for we see life as one big problem. We spend so much of our time trying to solve these problems that we fail to see that we invented them in the first place, aren't we clever little human beings.