Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HTML

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 18 Mar 2005 21:06

I dont know if this is the appropriate board for this query. I am attempting to formulate a website for my information. I need to know if anyone has successfully formatted a sort of family tree type pdeigree box system using HTML. You know the sort like an organisational chart, boxes for individuals and connecting lines to show relationship. It isn't going to be very big, just showing Mother Father Children and any grandchildren for each branch of my family Any help gratefully appreciated

Heather

Heather Report 18 Mar 2005 21:07

Sorry Paul, I did mine just by clicking 'next' about 6 times on my Family Tree 2005 program. I dont suppose you are thinking of getting it as it would save you a lot of work?

Paul

Paul Report 18 Mar 2005 21:10

I had thought about using one from a recognised program. But i wanted better control over the output and look of my site. All the reviews i've read are not very complimentory - boring and bland

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 18 Mar 2005 21:17

Paul, my suggestion, get the program to make it for you, then edit the HTML to suit your design. Much easier, and it does all the hard work. All you do is make it look good :)

Paul

Paul Report 18 Mar 2005 21:31

Hi Paul. I use a variety of family tree making software but all things considered I would suggest you try Legacy Family Tree by Millenia. on completion of tree just press 'Ctrl+W and hey presto Good luck Paul