Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where was Kent Div Ii ???????????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 17 Mar 2005 23:27

have a family on the 1861 census and it says one son was born in Kent Div Ii or at least that is what it looks like where would that have been as I am now trying to find his birth and dont know which district to look in thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Mar 2005 23:32

That's obviously a mistranscription or bad recording. Can't think offhand what it could be. Where was everyone else born and where were they living at the time of the census? nell

Val wish I'd never started Report 17 Mar 2005 23:38

the trouble is each one was born at a different address acording to the census the youngest being born in Kent I have been trying to find his birth but no luck as without a proper area there are too many to look through

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Mar 2005 23:43

Valerie Can you find him on the 1881 and where does it say he was born there? Nel

Val wish I'd never started Report 17 Mar 2005 23:50

there are so many with the same fathers name I could only find them on the 1861 and then the father by himself on the 1891 census in a workhouse I am having trouble finding the wifes birth too as I dont know her maiden name oh well I will keep plodding on thanks

Helen in Berkshire

Helen in Berkshire Report 17 Mar 2005 23:54

Valerie Have looked at my gazetteer and there are about 13 possibilities beginning with D: I would have thought Detling looks the closest. the others are: Dargate Deal Dover Dean Street Densole Denton Derringstone Ditton Doddington Downe Drellingore I come from Kent myself and I haven't heard of half of these! Good luck Helen P.S. Is it worth trying Free BMD - was he born before 1837?

Val wish I'd never started Report 18 Mar 2005 00:25

thanks Helen for that yes he was born in 1828 so will look on there but going to bed now had enough for today goodnight