Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

buying old book

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 17 Mar 2005 13:25

I am trying to buy a book which was written by one of my ancestors called, The Robins or Robbins Family of England 1908, written by the Revd Mills Robbins. I have tried the Library and the local bookshops but they can't help. I did a Goggle search and saw a copy for sale but am a bit worried about putting my card details onto the Net. Has anybody any thoughts on the beat way to get a copy of this book. Thanks

Jan.jan

Jan.jan Report 17 Mar 2005 14:11

Thanks to a reply from Judith, I have now contacted the book company concerned and have ordered the book on a CD. They scan old books onto CD's and then sell them on, so it will be with me in 5-10 working days. Success!!

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 17 Mar 2005 18:32

Jan Glad you have solved your problem. In future, if you are nervous about using your card on the Net, do what I do and use a card with a low limit (£200 in my case) and keep it 'full' - that way, even if they get hold of it, they won't have much fun with it! Marjorie