Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Desperate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 16 Mar 2005 09:30

I am desperate to put an entry onto the 'Trying to Find' board but I can't find my way onto it due, it seems, to the lack of my tree. I have tried to download it from Family Tree Maker but get an error message:- The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools. Wot? Can someone please explain in simple terms, to a IT-challenged new member who is dying to get the most out of this site. Thanks in anticipation Victoria

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 16 Mar 2005 09:33

Hi Victoria, In order to put a message on the trying to find board you must have that surname in your tree. If you haven't, just add the surname to your tree anywhere you like (lol), post your trying to find message, then delete the surname from your tree. Jeanette x

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Mar 2005 09:34

Cant help with your technical question Victoria but if you invent a tree with the names of the people you want to put on trying to find this should enable you to post a message (i think!)

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Mar 2005 09:35

We both have very devious minds Jeanette! lol

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 16 Mar 2005 09:41

I like to think of it as intelligent thinking Sarah! lol I wish I could hlep Victoria with her technical question though. I have heard people say that the facility to upload and download Gedcoms isn't always working properly though, so perhaps it's having a bad day! Jeanette x

Victoria

Victoria Report 16 Mar 2005 12:30

Thanks Jeanette, Sarah and Jess! I'll give that a try. Interesting that all the replies are from women! Victoria