Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brick wall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 15 Mar 2005 21:30

Am trying to find birth info for my grandfather, Nathan Diamond. I know the year he died, where he died and his occupation at time of death. I'm hitting a brick wall with Ancestry.co.uk as I can find plenty of Nathan Diamond but not mine. I think he was born circa 1900/01 to Russian/Polish parents and he married my grandmother about 1926. I wish I could be more specific with dates at it would make this whole process much easier! He was buried in a Jewish cemetery probably in the East End of London but have no idea which one. Any helpful hints? Geraldine Smith

Christine

Christine Report 15 Mar 2005 21:35

Hi Geraldine, Have you tried on www.1837online.co.uk. they should have record of his birth and shouldn't take too long as name not that common. Chris

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Mar 2005 21:36

Parents names- ? I cant actually find any Nathan Diamond's in the 1901 census. birth death & marriages 1900+/- 5 years Diamond, Nathan 1901 September Marriages Mile End Old Town London Middlesex Diamond, Nathan 1902 September Births Mile End Old Town London Middlesex Diamond, Nathan 1904 March Births Westminster London Middlesex wnder if dad was a nathan too, that married a year before Jnr was born jess i'd hoped that one of the wives might sound Russian or Polish ... they both do! Diamond, Nathan 1901 September Marriages Mile End Old Town London Middlesex Kolb, Annie 1901 September Marriages Mile End Old Town London Middlesex Lazarus, Rebecca 1901 September Marriages Mile End Old Town London Middlesex Sternberg, Davis 1901 September Marriages Mile End Old Town London Middlesex

Esta

Esta Report 15 Mar 2005 21:41

Very BIG MAYBE If he was born in 1901 after the census but was named after his father............. Hyman Diamond 1 month Sheffield, Yorkshire, England Son Sheffield Yorkshire Jane Diamond 2 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter Sheffield Yorkshire Joseph Diamond 32 POL, b. s., Russia Brother Sheffield Yorkshire Moses Diamond 3 GLA, Cardiff, Wales Son Sheffield Yorkshire Nathan L Diamond 30 POL, Russia Head Sheffield Yorkshire Rose Diamond 29 POL, Russia Wife Sheffield Yorkshire Wolf Diamond 5 Manchester, Lancashire, England Son Sheffield Yorkshire This is a very big maybe - if you could get a copy of his marriage cert it would give you his father name. Esta

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Mar 2005 21:44

Google 'Jewish cemetery' 'East London' - there's a few useful-looking sites. nell