Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dillon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Mar 2005 11:31

trying to find my mum mary marie dillon she was born in the greater manchester area, perhaps newton heath. she was born about 1912. she had a sister Frances. my mother married a jess or jack sidlow and had 6 children. jack, beatrice, marie, marjorie, alan and anne. her husband died of TB when all the children were young. she then married my dad Albert Winskill, who had 6 or 7 children to his first wife. my dad was 25 years older than my mum, but they had me and my brother kenneth winskill, dad was 62 when he had me. any info would be great as i carn't find my dad after 1901 census. he was born in 1888 at hulme manchester. i carn't find my mum on any of the births deaths and marriages. if any one could surgest anthing else i could do i will be very gratefull. thanks Fran Lang nee Winskill.

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Mar 2005 11:34

There are no census after 1901.Have youfound all the siblings you can on 1901? sending for her birth certificate would give you her parents names and mothers maiden name jess

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Mar 2005 12:28

Have looked on 1837online for all qtrs 1912 and 1913. There is only one Mary Dillon with middle initial of M. the reference is :- Birth June qtr. 1913, Prestwich, 8d, page 699, Mother's maiden name Howarth. Hope this is your mother. Kath. x