Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've almost given up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Audrey

Audrey Report 14 Mar 2005 23:48

Can anyone suggest a site where I might look for my Grandparents (Cardiff,Wales). I think I have exhausted most common lookups. I found my Dad's family with no problem but can't find any of my Mothers. The names are Edward Brooks Grandfather, Sarah Roberts Grandmother. Both born in Cardiff around 1888, thanks Audrey in Canada

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 14 Mar 2005 23:52

Hi audrey Could this be Edward and family in 1891? Brooks, Agnes M 9 Cardiff Daughter Canton Glamorgan Brooks, Clara Ann 7/12 Cardiff Daughter Canton Glamorgan Brooks, Edward 3 Cardiff Son Canton Glamorgan Brooks, Frederick 5 Cardiff Son Canton Glamorgan Brooks, George 15 Cardiff Son Canton Glamorgan Brooks, Nidlstta E 7 Cardiff Daughter Canton Glamorgan Brooks, Sarah Ann 38 Somerset, England Wife Canton Glamorgan Brooks, Sarah Ann 11 Cardiff Daughter Canton Glamorgan Brooks, William 40 Somerset, England Head Canton Glamorgan Brooks, William E 17 Cardiff Son Canton Glamorgan Dwelling: 22 St Morgan (?) St. Canton

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 15 Mar 2005 00:02

Just had a look for Sarah Roberts and there are loads born all over Wales. There is a possible 2 year old born in Cardiff and also a possible 3 year old. Roberts, Catherine 32 Mintlyn, Glamorgan Wife Canton Glamorgan Roberts, Ellinor 9 Cardiff, Glamorgan Daughter Canton Glamorgan Roberts, Rachael F 4 Cardiff, Glamorgan Daughter Canton Glamorgan Roberts, Sarah A 2 Cardiff, Glamorgan Daughter Canton Glamorgan Roberts, Thos 34 Mintlyn, Glamorgan Head Canton Glamorgan Roberts, Thos S J 5 Cardiff, Glamorgan Son Canton Glamorgan And... Roberts, Ann M 23 Dock, Pembrokeshire Wife Roath Glamorgan Roberts, Charles A 4 Cardiff, Glamorgan Son Roath Glamorgan Roberts, Richard J 1 Cardiff, Glamorgan Son Roath Glamorgan Roberts, Sarah W 3 Cardiff, Glamorgan Daughter Roath Glamorgan Roberts, Stephen 26 Llanymad, Carmarthenshire Head Roath Glamorgan Although the 2 year old is also living in Canton it might be a good idea to get Sarah and Edwards marriage cert though to find our what her fathers name was.

Audrey

Audrey Report 15 Mar 2005 00:10

Thanks so much Jeanette, can you tell me where you found these people? I would love to send over home for the marriage certs but don't have any dates, only names. I will be going to the local GRO next time I'm over to do some research. thanks again , Audrey in Canada

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 15 Mar 2005 00:10

Audrey, I'm on my way to bed now but if you would like me to send you the images just send me your email address :-) Jeanette x

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 15 Mar 2005 00:11

Yep Audrey! found them on the 1891 census for Wales on Ancestry.