Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891/1901 census free

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 14 Mar 2005 15:42

is there a free look up site for england 1901 census as i am stuck on margaret bain was from ireland and was 50 in the 1881 census but would like to trace her some more as don't know where she caomes from in ireland and who she was married to. live 19 eldon place in both 1871/1881 census but would love to know if still there in the 1901or 1891 census. kind regards lizz

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Mar 2005 15:53

1901 is free to search at http://www.1901census.nationalarchives.gov.uk

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Mar 2005 15:56

If you add some better details I will look it up in 91 and 1901. Where was she living in 81, town and county, was her married name Bain. It is impossible to look up on the details you have given Linda

Tillot

Tillot Report 14 Mar 2005 15:57

Hi Lizz, I've found her on the 1891 census on Ancestry (you have to pay for this) Living at West House, Putney, London. Thomas Jarrett, 43, Head, Greengrocer, born Wells, Norfolk Sophia Jarrett, 45, Wife, Born Emsworth, Hampshire Margaret Bain, 60, Mother in law, Widower, Born Ireland. I'm sorry that it doesn't state where in Ireland she was born. Also, she would have had her daughter when she was 15. Unless I'm reading into the relationship bit wrong! Hope that's helped a bit anyway Helen

Tillot

Tillot Report 14 Mar 2005 16:07

Lizz, Assuming I've found the correct Margaret Bain, I can't find her in 1901. I've also had a look for a death on freebmd, but can't find one that would fit. Could she have gone back to Ireland? Helen

Tillot

Tillot Report 14 Mar 2005 16:29

Jim, I saw the ones you've mentioned. It couldn't be this Margaret though could it, as it states the ages of them to be 30 & 40?

Thelma

Thelma Report 14 Mar 2005 16:32

Hi Helen My source did not give ages. So im wrong again.;(((

Tillot

Tillot Report 14 Mar 2005 16:42

Hi Jim, I hope I didn't offend you. You had a look, that's what counts. Best Regards Helen