Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891/1901 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda G

Linda G Report 14 Mar 2005 15:35

Have lost a whole family on these Censuses. Careless I know !!!! In 1881 I have William Hammond born 1850 in Bexhill, Sussex living with wife Emily born 1845 in Hastings, Sussex and 6 children. Then 'poof' they are no more. Can anyone find them please? Linda

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 Mar 2005 15:47

Am searching for you, will see what I can find =)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Mar 2005 15:52

I can't even see them in 81, can you give exact details of the 81 results, including the children to help us search

Linda G

Linda G Report 14 Mar 2005 15:56

Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Residence View Image Save This Annie J. Hammond abt 1879 St Leonards, Sussex, England Daughter Hastings St Leonards Arthur J. Hammond abt 1876 St Leonards, Sussex, England Son Hastings St Leonards Caroline F. Hammond abt 1881 St Leonards, Sussex, England Daughter Hastings St Leonards Emily Hammond abt 1845 Hastings, Sussex, England Wife Hastings St Leonards Frederick W. Hammond abt 1874 St Leonards, Sussex, England Son Hastings St Leonards Henry G. Hammond abt 1873 St Leonards, Sussex, England Son Hastings St Leonards Minnie E. Hammond abt 1877 St Leonards, Sussex, England Daughter Hastings St Leonards William Hammond abt 1850 Bexhill, Sussex, England Head Hastings St Leonards Here they are large as life, then they are gone

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 Mar 2005 15:59

ooooops, didn't realise the time. sorry i couldn't help

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Mar 2005 16:01

Maybe? Hammond, Arthur J P 16 Bognor, Sussex Member of Crew Royal Navy Hampshire

Sarah

Sarah Report 14 Mar 2005 16:03

Hi. had a good look but couldn't find any of them. Sorry. Another point to the little green men!! lol

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Mar 2005 16:08

I am looking, but as they lived by the sea, I thing they got on a boat and sailed of into the sunset

Esta

Esta Report 14 Mar 2005 16:19

They are well hidden - I've had no luck so far !!

Linda G

Linda G Report 14 Mar 2005 16:21

I did have a thought. If William died, Emily could have married again and given all the children her new husbands name. What do you think? Linda

KarenInScotland

KarenInScotland Report 14 Mar 2005 16:22

Had a good look and could not find them. Notice St Leonards is often down as 'London' not Sussex - is that a different St Leonards or an additional confusion?

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Mar 2005 16:24

1901 Arthur. the same one as the 1891 result above Agnes Hammond 25 West Chiltington, Sussex, England Wife Rusper Sussex Arthur J P Hammond 26 Bognor, Sussex, England Head Rusper Sussex Olive E M Hammond 2 Bognor, Sussex, England Daughter Rusper Sussex Michael H Streeter 15 Bilborough, Sussex, England Brother-in-law Rusper Sussex Apart from that I can't find any of them in either 91, or 1901. I really am beginning to think, that Arthur stayed behind in the navy and the rest of the family has emigrated. Sorry no more time to look Linda

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Mar 2005 16:29

Just read the suggestion about William dying. That would be a reason he was not on the 1891 census choose from this lot Hammond, William 1881 March Deaths Brighton Sussex East Sussex HAMMOND, William 1882 June Deaths Brighton Sussex East Sussex Hammond, William 1882 March Deaths Lewes Sussex East Sussex Hammond, William 1884 September Deaths Chichester Sussex HAMMOND, William 1888 March Deaths East Preston Sussex Hammond, William 1889 December Deaths Brighton Sussex East Sussex Hammond, William 1890 March Deaths Tonbridge Kent Sussex Hammond, William 1890 September Deaths Lewes Sussex East Sussex

Linda G

Linda G Report 14 Mar 2005 16:46

Hi Linda. I think I'll explore the 'dying' theory first. I can't see him emigrating as people normally did that to get a better life then, didn't they? He had a good business employing 10 men and an apprentice. Have tried a few of the childrens names to see if Mum married again but no luck so far. Thanks for your suggestions. Linda