Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth mother moved abroad how to search?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 13 Mar 2005 18:12

Hi i seem to be going round in circles, can anyone help advise me on how to search for birth mother who moved to myorca around 1970 any web sites? ?

corcoran74

corcoran74 Report 13 Mar 2005 18:15

Hi i dont think there are any. Ive been looking for years for my hubby's birth father who was from alicante. If you do find any id be grateful if you could let me know. x

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2005 18:17

Mallorca must have a phone directory! I'd contact the Spanish Embassy and ask them. nell

Julia

Julia Report 13 Mar 2005 18:17

thanks for reply i am determined not to give up X

Julia

Julia Report 13 Mar 2005 18:20

thanks nell great idea x

pamj

pamj Report 13 Mar 2005 22:36

The Spanish telephone directory is online - Paginas Blancas. If you want me to check, send me a message with her name. I don´t know if you can do it without the name of the town, but I´ll give it a try. Pam

Sheila

Sheila Report 13 Mar 2005 22:41

Hi Sylvia, Have your tried www.infobel(.)com this lists the telephone directories from abroad. Is this her maiden name or married name? Also ask Joan Allan from www.myfolks.co.uk I know she had contact in places like America would not surprise me is she had someone in Spain ;0) Good Luck with your search. Sheila

Julia

Julia Report 14 Mar 2005 07:38

Thanks to all of you, i will try your advice, thanks Pam i have emailed you. Julia X

pamj

pamj Report 15 Mar 2005 09:21

Even though she applied for a residence permit, I don´t think that the Spanish authorities would give out that information to the public. Why not trying asking the vicar of the church in Palma if it is possible to put a notice on a notice board. Someone might recognize the name. anglicanpalma(@)terra(.)es remove () Pam