Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any CURRANTS out there?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natalie

Natalie Report 13 Mar 2005 17:32

Just discovered Harriet Currant married to Richard Hawkins (1830's). Living in Stepney in 1849. It's an unusual name, so I thought someone might be researching it! Here's hoping, anyway!!! Natalie

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Mar 2005 18:04

Harriet Currant is a lovely name! I hadn't come across this one before. nell

Natalie

Natalie Report 13 Mar 2005 19:01

Haven't confirmed it yet, but I think Harriet Currant was my g.g.g. Grandmother! She definitely married Richard Hawkins and had a daughter Eliza Hawkins. My g g Grandmother was definitely Anne Hawkins (daughter of Richard Hawkins) with a sister Eliza (of right age) definitely living with her in 1871. Without a birth cert for Anne Hawkins, I can't confirm completely. Of course, she was born in 1836 (just to avoid birth registration!) in London, so I may be up the wrong tree completely. Hope not, as I quite fancy having some Currants on my tree! Don't like to approach any other Currants on GR until I've got something more definite to go on!! Thought a general message might be more appropriate at this stage. Natalie