Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

VIC HALLAM - Timber Buildings company

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Mar 2005 02:57

Apparently, my great grandmothers sister was the mother of the founder of this company, (according to family legend). I have googled, but cant seem to find anything about the history of the founder. Anyone any ideas?

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 13 Mar 2005 03:20

Hi Margaret, have you had a look at this site http://www.heanorhistory.org.uk/index.htm There's quite a few mentions of Vic Hallam on there, like this Vic Hallam Vic Hallam and his brothers started their firm making chicken coops and sheds at Marlpool. By the time the company reached its peak in the 1960’s, they had a huge site (seen here) next to the Erewash Canal at Langley Mill, and were renowned for their prefabricated buildings, particularly schools. The company was also responsible for building the Derbyshire Miners’ Camp at Skegness. The Hallam site is now under reconstruction as a business-park There is also a contact page, maybe they could help you with more info? Christine

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 13 Mar 2005 03:23

Margaret Is this the company? Hallam Timber Products Ltd Address: Wolsey Drive, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, NOTTINGHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, NG17 7JR Telephone: 01623-723777 Business Type: Joinery Manufacture If so, why not contact them and ask for info about the history of their company and their founder. Richard

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Mar 2005 03:51

Christine Yes, I have seen that, but I hadnt noticed the contact us bit, thank you. Richard Thats a good idea. I may try that. Thank you. Margaret