Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problems with Familyorg site?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tillot

Tillot Report 12 Mar 2005 16:16

I wondered if anyone else is having problems with this site. More often than not, when I click to view an image, the page is just blank. They're still deducting my credits which is annoying. Is this happening to anyone else? Cheers Helen

Margaret

Margaret Report 12 Mar 2005 16:22

Helen Do you mean the familyrelatives site? I dont view the image on that. I just view the transcription. Viewing the image is expensive (4 credits). If you want to view the image I would suggest 1837online, its cheaper. I use both. I find the transcription on familyrellies and if I need to view image I make a note of the details and view it on 1837. Margaret

Tillot

Tillot Report 12 Mar 2005 16:26

Hi Margaret, Sorry, yes I mean't the Family Relatives site (having a dizzy day!) I think it's the image I'm trying to view? 2 possibles came up, so I click on one, but it's just blank?

June

June Report 12 Mar 2005 16:27

Do you mean familyrelatives site? I had the same problem and sent them an email and they apologised and gave me 10 credits, so its worth complaining. You can look at anything again that you have looked up if you click on ''my account'' and click on the item again - when I did this I was able to see the grayscale image. You don't get charged again for doing this. Hope this helps regards June.

Margaret

Margaret Report 12 Mar 2005 16:28

Helen Report it to them, they will probably return some of your credits. Think about what I said though about using 1837 online to view images. Only 1 credit as opposed to 4. Margaret

Tillot

Tillot Report 12 Mar 2005 16:29

Thanks for the replies. I've just sent an email of complaint! Lets hope I get a few credits back! Helen

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 13 Mar 2005 02:52

For dates pre-1911, before you use credits to view images on either 1837online or familyrelatives don't forget to check FreeBMD images first! Whilst they don't as yet have full coverage, and the indexing of the images is a bit clumsy, they are FREE to view there! Even if the record in question hasn't been transcribed on FreeBMD, this doesn't necessarily mean that the image is unavailable there. Richard

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 13 Mar 2005 13:03

l couldn't get an image up. It's happened twice now. Filled in error report, and so far .....nothing!