Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

copying certs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 12 Mar 2005 12:52

Hi, Excuse the dumb question but: My printer/scanner only does A4. So how do i go about copying to disc, some of the certificates that i've ordered as they're bigger than A4? Hope you understand. Joan

Angela

Angela Report 12 Mar 2005 12:54

Can you reduce them to A4 on a photocopier first? It might work that way.

Janice

Janice Report 12 Mar 2005 13:02

If you place them carefully on the scanner you only lose the plain borders, no info is lost. So long as you don't mind that, it's straightforward. Janice

Joan

Joan Report 12 Mar 2005 13:12

Hi, Janice will give it a go and hope it works ok. I know some family already want copies so will be easier to print from discs. Angela, If it won't work by careful positioning then it looks like a visit to town is in order. Was hoping to be able to avoid this and manage at home as we only have 2 busses each week! :0( Thanks Joan

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 12 Mar 2005 13:15

Do you have a digital camera? You could take a photo and reduce it to jpeg. That's what we've done with some original certs we were anxious not to handle too much. Christine

Joan

Joan Report 12 Mar 2005 13:23

Christine, Yes do have a digital camera. Still only used it for family photos. Will have a play and see what i can do, this never entered my head. Going to play now ;0). Thanks, Joan

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 12 Mar 2005 14:38

You might need a macro function (I think it's called) to take a close-up. Christine