Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wills ? did most people leave one ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Weizewongbingybong

Weizewongbingybong Report 11 Mar 2005 20:40

my ggg grandfather had a grocers shop in redditch worcs for at least 20 years do you think he would of left a will? i know his son took over running it for a while so was it just passed on to him could someome please advise me where to look thanks louise

Julie

Julie Report 11 Mar 2005 20:44

Hi Go to your home page on Genes, at the bottom there is a section on wills. Julie

Weizewongbingybong

Weizewongbingybong Report 11 Mar 2005 20:59

Thanks Julie never knew it was there

Kate

Kate Report 11 Mar 2005 21:28

Bear in mind that if the will didn't go to probate the Probate Registry won't have a copy, e.g. if the estate was pretty small.

Heather

Heather Report 11 Mar 2005 21:58

I have been very disappointed to find that my great grandfather, ggfx2 and ggfx3, all of whom owned thriving businesses, apparently did not leave wills.

Weizewongbingybong

Weizewongbingybong Report 11 Mar 2005 22:09

thanks all for your help Ros did i see you at the FHC on tues night i was the one causing havoc!

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 12 Mar 2005 13:34

Yes, twas me. So that was you, wasn't sure and the others didn't say anything. Don't worry about the havoc, we are pretty good at creating our own as well, never a dull moment. Ros.