Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

advice please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val

Val Report 11 Mar 2005 16:40

Why would someone get married with proper maiden name yet on 3 childrens marriage certificate put another name as maiden name then 10yrs later revert back to proper maiden name on last childs marriage certificate

Patricia

Patricia Report 11 Mar 2005 16:55

Don't ask!! My grandma did that, confused the hell out of me.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 11 Mar 2005 17:02

I wonder if there was some illegtimacy involved Val. Don't want to bore you too much (lol!) but to cut a long story short, my 2x great Grandfather was illegitimate and had a different surname on each or his birth, marriage and death certs. Can see the reasoning behind the change from birth to marriage but don't for the life of me know why the change from marriage to death - except that it sounded similar! lol Jeanette x

Val

Val Report 11 Mar 2005 17:41

My gr gr grans father married twice don't know what happened to her mother but both wives were on his death certificate under the proper name it is very confusing why did they do this didn't they realise we would one day search for them

Val

Val Report 11 Mar 2005 23:55

nudge