Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Witness to marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 11 Mar 2005 13:07

Hi never discount witness's of a marriage was looking at my mother-in-law marriage certificate saw the name of a witness looked up for a marriage for him and low and behold found that he had had married her aunt so now have a another branch of the tree, felt quite pleased. hope this makes sense Margaret

Pauline

Pauline Report 11 Mar 2005 13:12

Margaret, I have found several extra marriages like this. A good source of information. Pauline

Karen

Karen Report 11 Mar 2005 13:12

That's great Margaret!! I have to agree with you about the importance of witnesses. I know with alot of mine that they had thier brothers/sisters and thier wifes/husbands as witnesses at weddings. Makes it a bit easier doesn't it?? Kx