Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Did they both die before 1901 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 10 Mar 2005 19:07

Hi I have been looking for a Charles Goddard age 50 Mary Jane Goddard age 50-53 I beleive she was a little older than him but they were down as the same age in the 1891 census then living at 3 Trederwen Rd Hackney. But can't seem to find them in the 1901 census. I know their son William married in 1896 at least i think Charles was alive then.Any help I would be most grateful for Thank you Margaret

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 10 Mar 2005 19:58

Hi Jenny and Georgina, Thank you both I don't think Charles had a second name, and Georgina could you tell me who Mary Jane Goddard was with in the 1901 census if at all possible thank you Margaret

Esta

Esta Report 10 Mar 2005 20:12

Catherine R Barnard 21 Shoreditch, London, England Stepdaughter Hackney London Eliza Barnard 12 Shoreditch, London, England Stepdaughter Hackney London Maud H Barnard 19 Shoreditch, London, England Stepdaughter Hackney London May A Barnard 14 Shoreditch, London, England Stepdaughter Hackney London Eliza Briggs 40 Shoreditch, London, England Wife Hackney London Herbert J Briggs 39 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Head Hackney London Mary J Goddard 50 Hackney, London, England Visitor Hackney London Arthur Honnor 25 New Brompton, Kent, England Boarder Hackney London Address is 6 Albert Road Her occupation is 'Monthly Nurse' .........I think ! and she is a widow Source information: RG13/226 Registration district: Hackney Sub-registration district: South-West Hackney ED, institution, or vessel: 20 Folio: 23 Page: 37 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 274 Hope it helps esta

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 10 Mar 2005 20:36

Hello Esta, thank you very much for that , but somehow my instinct tells me it is not her, I thought she might have been with a daughter but no, thank you once again Margaretx

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Mar 2005 23:06

Two of my ggrandmother's took employment as Monthly Nurses following the deaths of their husbands. Both were in their 50's when widowed and unless they were going to receive a pension from their husband's employment, they would have had to support themselves. As Jenny says, don't dismiss her just because she isn't living alone or with family. Lou