Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help! i'm new tthis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 10 Mar 2005 07:07

i am trying to trace my fathers side of my family(brine).i dont have much to go on at all.i know my grandfathers name was Enest Brine dob about 1917 dod 13.09.75 in nottingham ,he was married with 5 children (pat,june,peter,john(tiny),and roy)i know his parents names were percy brine dob 1881 i think in wortley ,dod 28/29 /12/53 in nottingham and his wife was called betsy towle.i think born about 1890 in nottingham,im not sure of dod i am going tday to try to find her grave. my father doest know much about his family his father never spoke of them. so any ideas on where to start..thankyou. thank to everyones help i now know for sure that my grt grandfather came from oughtbridge,worthley yorkshire,dob 2.03.1888 and dod 1956 in nottingham.betsy towle my grt gran was born in nottingham 15.07.1890.i beleive his father was called robert , mother eliza and that they had 3 other children doris,frank and alice all born in oughtbridge yorkshire.. i have a bit more info but still checking that out. if anyone out there has any of these in their family please let me know thanks againfor all your helpt his morning

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 10 Mar 2005 07:19

Hi, I have Percy on the 1891 census if you send me your email address I'll send you the image. It should help you find his birth reference. Updated - Besty Towle image sent also Gwynne

Heather

Heather Report 10 Mar 2005 07:28

Hi Claire and welcome, sure you will become totally addicted like the rest of us. If you read the link on the homepage for newbies that will help you a lot re finding people. Basically, if you have your dads birth or marriage cert that would confirm his parents (or just dad in the case of the marriage cert). From there you go backwards, as you seem to be doing, through the various certificates and by using the census available. It may be worth you considering a sub with ancestry at about £70 a year as this will give you access to all the census that are available currently plus the 1861 census in a few months time (we are told). Good luck.

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 Mar 2005 09:22

Hi Claire and welcome I have emailed you as I have a brine in my tree. Sarah

Claire

Claire Report 10 Mar 2005 09:23

thankyou for all your leads will start to check this out. many thanks