Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I cannot find Elizas death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 9 Mar 2005 18:29

Im looking for the death of ELIZA HOVERS (nee Cook) Shipton on stour c1827. I have her as a widow on 1881 census living at 54 Kings street, Dudley. Aged 54. The HOVERS name changes through the years, sometimes OVERS as was my Grandmothers maiden name. Eliza was her grandmother. Any help very much appreciated. Gerri

Joan

Joan Report 9 Mar 2005 19:13

Dont know if its right one, 1891 census overs, eliza age 65 born, Chepstone on stour civil parish, walsall foreign eclisiastical parish, St Peter Staffs RG12/2251 REG DIST. Walsall Sub reg dist Walsall Ed, Institution or vessel 16 folio 67 page 19 1901 census eliza overs age 75# Parish--Walsall ecclisiastical parish--St Andrew Rg 13/2698 REG Dist. Walsall Sub Reg Dist Walsall Ed, institution or vessel 4 folio 77 household number 196

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 10 Mar 2005 02:46

Joan!!! your a gem. Thanks ever so much. That def looks like my Eliza as her son Thomas (my great grandfather) ended up in Walsall. It's nice to see that she lived to a decent age. Barbara Thanks darlin I already have the marriage cert. PS... Dont tell anyone this but......our little secret? it was only today that I told him to remove the staples and I would sew them lol I cant get em out! lol Sorry for the delay in replying to you both but I sometimes have to go to work mores the pity. Gerri xx