Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What year do the free Bmd Marriges go up to please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Mar 2005 16:15

please can you tell me what year the free Bmd marriges go up to as i dont know where to search for marriges from 1930 to 1960? PLEASE HELP

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Mar 2005 16:18

Hi Hayley I think FreeBMD goes roughly up to 1910 although there may be some after this. There may be a local BMD site for the area you are searching in. Have a look at the UKBMD site to find out. Other than that it's the 1837 site which is pay per view. Oh, and your local family history library will hold the St Catherines index on microfiche - free to view jeanette x

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Mar 2005 16:19

gREAT THANKYOU VERY MUCH JANETTE

Brenda

Brenda Report 9 Mar 2005 16:20

About 1910 I believe but htere are quite a few gaps. From the main page pick Information, go down to Statistics and choose coverage charts. You can then look at the graphs for births deaths and marriages and see the coverage available. Brenda

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Mar 2005 16:21

tHANKS VERY MUCH BRENDA, I WILL GO AND LOOK NOW