Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Don't our ancesters make things difficult!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 9 Mar 2005 15:02

It has taken me 2 years to find my grt grans birth certificate, as her father kept changing his name. l knew her as Wilson.......her father was George Henry on 1 census and George henry Wilson on 2 others. l found her birth under Henry, and waited for it to arrive so l could look for her mothers wedding cert to find another set of ancestors....and guess what came....mother...Lucy Wiseman Henry formerly Jones!! Father George Henry. Grt Gran Maud was born in Nov. 1879 and l can't find a wedding under Jones, Henry, Wiseman or Wilson.......Help!!!! If l didn't laugh l would cry!! Do you know how many Lucy Jones were born in Liverpool in 1857????Loads of them. Ah well......back to the drawing board. maureen

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Mar 2005 16:12

Maureen Not sure about the Lucy Jones, but my husband's great-grandmother Margaret Jones, born Aberdare is one of dozens born Aberdare! nell

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 9 Mar 2005 17:02

Nell....you havn't made me feel any better!! Can you imagine after 2yrs to find a surname like that!! Funnily l married a Hughes....nearly as bad. My maiden name was Rudall.....so easy to look for!!!!! Maureen

moggyrud

moggyrud Report 9 Mar 2005 17:22

chris Taylor doesn't seem such a bad surname to have.....want to swop with Jones??? lol Maureen