Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed to download plugin on 1837 online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Georgina

Georgina Report 9 Mar 2005 14:10

Can anyone help me download the plugin on 1837 online. Followed the directions and things happened but it didn't actually download. Went to the help where it says click on the above and follow the instructions below. The first part of the instructions says when you click on the above you will have a Save as menu. Drop down the menu next to the heading save in. I don't get a menu with this on when I click on the address given I just get the page which says autoinstal. Am I missing something. Georgina

Georgina

Georgina Report 9 Mar 2005 17:30

Am nudging this as hoping someone is now home from work and can help me. Georgina

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Mar 2005 17:34

Georgina Try downloading it again. Afterwards, click on it and follow the instructions to install. Remember to save file not just open or run. Make sure you install it to somewhere you can find it. e.g. desktop. Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Mar 2005 17:35

Are you missing an ActiveX thingy ? When you get into the 1st part of the process, check just below your browser menu area for a skinny yellow area - right click it if so and follow instructions ... Failing that, is your Firewall blocking it ? If all else fails - try direct download from:- http://www.lizardtech*com/download/files/win/djvuplugin/en_US/index.html What level Windows are you on ? If Win95, theres alternate instructions.

Georgina

Georgina Report 9 Mar 2005 19:43

Hi Margaret & Laird, Thanks for your help. It was the Activex. I was worried about accepting that but when my husband was here he said go ahead and it worked. Thanks again. Georgina