Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annie

Annie Report 9 Mar 2005 12:17

Can anyone tell me where I have to look for records and information before 1871. Thanks Annie

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 9 Mar 2005 12:23

Go on the records board and ask for 1851,61,census look up for the area you are interested in.What other information do you want

Annie

Annie Report 9 Mar 2005 12:52

Thankyou Margaret, Is it not something I can look up myself, is it not available to me? Also, do you know how I look for a will for someone? Annie

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Mar 2005 13:06

Annie The Family History Library local to the area you are searching in should have the 1841, 1851 and 1861 censuses on microfilm free to search. You will need to book a microfilm reader in advance. If you are not in the area you are searching in then you will either need to ask for a look up on the records board or purchase the census CD's yourself. If it's BMD's you want then the parish registers are available to search at the County Records Office for the area you are searching in. Again you will have to book in advance. Jeanette x

Annie

Annie Report 9 Mar 2005 13:28

Thanks Margaret and Jeanette, I've put a msg up now for it.. Annie