Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

whats your advice?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 9 Mar 2005 11:57

hi, starting to add some names now to pauls family tree and i have added me and the kids and my parents but do you think i should stick to his immediate family or should i start to add what i know about mine, i spoke to my mum and shes given me some dates names etc of a few on her side..ive come to a brick wall on his side for the moment.....what do you think? michelle

Karen

Karen Report 9 Mar 2005 12:00

Go for it!! It will keep your brain ticking until you get more info on Pauls side. Good luck.... Kx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 9 Mar 2005 12:03

Hi Michelle, I'm doing both my side and my husband's. There's always something to keep you busy when you get stuck on one of the branches...so I'd say yes....go for it! Christine

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 9 Mar 2005 12:05

I just add branches here and there, in hope I will pick up some more info from other's. It hasn't worked yet but I am living in hope lol. I am having fun doing it, and if you get stuck there alway's somebody else to track down. Marion

Trudy

Trudy Report 9 Mar 2005 12:51

Hi Michelle I started with me, my mum and dad and sister & brother - because of a red herring, I ended up with about 30 people that I thought were great aunts/uncles etc that weren't but two further generations back the whole thing comes together, so I now correspond with a 3rd cousin and a 4th cousin that I'd never have found if I hadn't entered the info I had and kept it to myself. So go for it! Trudy

Paul

Paul Report 9 Mar 2005 15:40

thanks for all the replys, ill add them then, you never know they might come in useful for someone else....keep walking away from the computer and then think of another avenue to go down and try that....ive never found anything so frustrating as trying to search for someone...but ill keep persevering and chipping away :-) michelle

Heather

Heather Report 9 Mar 2005 18:34

Just one thing, if you are putting them on the GR site rather than a family tree program, best not to add the info re living people, especially kids, for obvious reasons.