Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are you kind enough to look at 1871 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 8 Mar 2005 21:56

for a John Lewis born Leeds 1847 He was 34 on 1881 census , so he could be 33 0r 35 ? In the 1881 his occupation was musician. I should be most grateful Kind regards Karen

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Mar 2005 22:07

Emma Lewis 28 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Wife Leeds Yorkshire John Lewis 26 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Head Leeds Yorkshire Tom Lewis 6 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Son Leeds Yorkshire William Lewis 4 Barrow, Lancashire, England Son Leeds Yorkshire Emma Wainwright 56 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Mother-in-law Leeds Yorkshire 1871 england Street Leeds, but a railway tyre roller. You did not say where he was living in 1881, or who the rest of his family were.

Valerie

Valerie Report 8 Mar 2005 22:30

Hi, found exactly the same as the others, they were on the ball !! Val

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 8 Mar 2005 22:36

found the same in 1871 in 1881 still doing same job living at 21 Westfield road had 2 other children Harry age 5 and Albert age 2 I also found him age 56 1901 with his wife Emma 58 when he was a musician Milbank Street. now found him 1891 living at otter street when he was a musician Harry 15 was adraper assistent. In 1871 Tom 16 was a cotten miller and William 14 was a Cloth Miller

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Mar 2005 22:59

I have him in Lichfield in 1891 with a new wife and a 7 day old baby, still a musician, I have saved the image, send me an email if you want it. Lewis, Margaret A 1 day Lichfield, Staffordshire Boarder St Mary Staffordshire Lewis, Mary 34 Linlithgow, Scotland Boarder St Mary Staffordshire Lewis, Thomas 42 Leeds, Yorkshire Boarder St Mary Staffordshire This was the Tom, you talked about in your email, obviously the John in the previous message is a better bet. Linda.