Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

connieonnie

connieonnie Report 8 Mar 2005 16:37

Whittle of Bolton / Wigan area's

Oliver Whittle c. 1806 occupation : Baker.
no exact dates but i know he was dead by 1862.

married to:

Maria Greenhalch c. 1802

Sarah Whittle (daughter ) .
born 26 Feb 1842 at the following address :
School Lane , Ashton in Makerfield, Wigan .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Other children include:

Eliza c 1840
Elizabeth c 1831
Ellen c 1838
Maria c 1836
Mary c 1827
Oliver c 1834
Peter c 1832

Regards

Connie

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Mar 2005 16:50

Connie Where have you looked for information so far? Have you tried FreeBMD, finding these people on a census, in parish records, etc? Don't want to duplicate what you have already done. nell

Ken

Ken Report 8 Mar 2005 16:57

assuming death to be Lancashire WHITTLE, Oliver 1845 March Deaths Preston Lancashire Whittle, Oliver 1851 December Deaths Bolton Lancashire WHITTLE, Oliver 1851 March Deaths Leigh Lancashire Whittle, Sarah 1842 March Births Wigan Greater Manchester Lancashire vol 21 pg 761

connieonnie

connieonnie Report 8 Mar 2005 17:05

Hi Nell, Ive tried free bmd and it has given me a marriage of Oliver Whittle to Maria Greenhalgh on 28 Sept 1825 at St Peter , Bolton Le Moors , Lancs . But i cannot be certain these are my relatives because other than Sarah's birth, i have no other details. I haven't tried any census's because by 1862 , Oliver is deceased (stated on Sarah's marriage certificate) but if anybody has access to the 1851 census , this may give me some info on Oliver and Maria's age and birth place etc. Hope this is of some help .... Thanks very much in advance......... Regards Connie

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 8 Mar 2005 17:06

hello dont know if you have this oliver and maria greenhalgh married 28/9/1825 bolton le moors.christening dates for both at st peters bolton le moors

connieonnie

connieonnie Report 8 Mar 2005 17:20

Thanks Ken. There is a link to Bolton - Sarah married and settled ther in 1862. So i will keep your findings on record for future reference. Thanks again Connie

connieonnie

connieonnie Report 8 Mar 2005 17:23

Hi Diane Thanks for that. Please could you give me the information on the christenings Regards Connie

Linda

Linda Report 8 Mar 2005 17:24

Ive found a sarah whittle aged 30 in 1871 visitor to a Mary green in westhoughton.Sarah is down as being born Wegan. Linda

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 8 Mar 2005 18:16

Hi Connie, I have emailed you Regards Diane