Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

All Saint's Church, Bramham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 8 Mar 2005 15:47

Who do I need to contact to find information on the grave register for All Saint's Church, Bramham, Yorkshire (West Riding)?

Janet

Janet Report 8 Mar 2005 15:49

I am hoping to visit Bramham over Easter and I know that both sets of my father's grandparents are buried here. But I do not know if they have a headstone on the grave. I know dates of death for one set of grandparents but not the other. Any help much appreciated. Thanks, Ellen Janet.

Ria

Ria Report 8 Mar 2005 15:52

I have lots of family from bramham with the surname of noble. I found this website with lots of pictures of bramham, thought you might like a look. http://www(.)bramham(.)org(.)uk. I'm planning on going there this summer to do some research. I suspect most records will be in york records office now and I'm going to start looking for records soon too. I am planning on going to bedale too as I know some of the family are buried there. Maria :)

Janet

Janet Report 8 Mar 2005 16:43

Hi Maria I've had a look at the site you suggested and it looks really good. I'll be back there later for a more in-depth view. Thanks. Janet

Rachael

Rachael Report 8 Mar 2005 19:29

Thanks for the link to the excellent Bramham web page. My partner's father was one of the first residents of Bramham children's home in the 1940s, and will be very interested to see the site. :-)

Ria

Ria Report 9 Mar 2005 14:41

wow Racheal, really glad I found that site now and it was only by chance i did. Your right, it's a brilliant site. I read all about the childrens home and it was really interesting, I bet he will really enjoy reading about it. Maria :):):):)

Janet

Janet Report 10 Mar 2005 12:01

Any more suggestions? Thanks. Janet

Rachael

Rachael Report 22 Mar 2005 18:42

Just saw your reply Maria. He loved the site, and has been in touch with the person running it to offer his own memories, which I think might be added to the information given by the children from the 60s. Isn't that great? Thanks for the pointer, you've made him very happy!