Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Relaives site Question

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 8 Mar 2005 15:00

I've just found some lost ancesotrs and would like to try and find out who they married, when they died etc. I haven't used this site yet and I know it's had teething problems so is it working now? Is it any good for the period 1920 - 1960? And is it cheaper than 1837? Thanks. Jeanette x

Sophie

Sophie Report 8 Mar 2005 15:34

I would say that 1837 is cheaper as you just use the 1 credit to view it but with familyrelatives some parts you have to use 2 credits to look at the search and then 4 credits to view the image!!!! and you might not even know if it's the right one or not, if you don't know the specific year!!! :))))))

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 8 Mar 2005 16:02

Thanks very much. I'll bear that in mind

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 8 Mar 2005 16:27

Perhaps I'm not understanding it right but I just did a search for my own birth in 1965 and it didn't come up

Heather

Heather Report 8 Mar 2005 20:15

When its working propertly familyrelatives is far superior to 1837 online for the period 1866-1920. On familyrellies you can enter a name, year range and area and bring up all the possibles transcribed so that you can choose to view. I did 9 pages of birth deaths and marriages for one of my surnames and kept the lot for 18 units.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 8 Mar 2005 20:19

Thanks Heather I've had a bit of a play with it now so I've got a better idea of how it works. Might give it a go