Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone got the CD of 1891 census for co. Durha

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 8 Mar 2005 09:01

Need help finding Mary Ann Stewart (or Stuart) born Dover 1848 son Ernest J. Stewart born Hartlepool 1875 and possibly husband John Stewart born Dover 1837, though he have been at sea. Have wife in 1881 living in Upper Alma St. Stranton, and in 1891 living in Station Hotel, Edward St. Hartlepool, but would like to get them all together...hopefully in 1891, to prove connection. Many, many thanks Joan

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Mar 2005 10:31

I have been looking on Ancestry for mis transcribed names. Just for any one else looking the 81 census gives Mary Ann Stuart born 1850 and Ernest I born 1876, not the dates in the posting. The only possible Mary in 1891 is down as N E stewart, though the image is M E, she is age 42 and an engine fitters wife. As she is a lunatic in the Durham County assylum at Sedgefield, I don't think that it can be her, hope not!!!!!!!!!! Sorry not to be able to help, Linda

Joan

Joan Report 9 Mar 2005 09:08

Thanks Linda and Marion...that is them in 1881 and 1901...not the one in the asylum, thank goodness. If only I could find them in 1891 I could verifiy who the husband was......Thanks for your help. Joan