Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Wales address look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 7 Mar 2005 14:37

Hi i have found my grandmother born in 5 Beryl road Barry in Cardiff 1899 just wondering who was living there in 1901.She was brought back to Exeter and was left with a lady in Silverton to be brought up. Please could someone look for me. Thank you Lita

The Bag

The Bag Report 7 Mar 2005 14:54

do you know she was 'brought back' before 1901? who might have been there? What was her name? jess

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 7 Mar 2005 14:58

Her name was Dora Edith Blatchley and her mother was called Winnie Blatchley there is no fathers name on certificate and as far as we know she was brought back just after she was born. I cant find any link with Cardiff anywhere so i was just wondering really. Thanks Lita

Esta

Esta Report 7 Mar 2005 15:02

can't help with the address in Wales but is this her.......... Dora E Blatchley 2 Cardiff, Wales Boarder Silverton Devon Jane Selley 57 Poltimore, Devon, England Wife Silverton Devon Rhoda Selley 25 Silverton, Devon, England Daughter Silverton Devon Thomas Selley 47 Silverton, Devon, England Head Silverton Devon Thomas Selley 1 Silverton, Devon, England Grandson Silverton Devon the address is Back Lane Esta

The Bag

The Bag Report 7 Mar 2005 15:04

Yes, your dora was there by 1901 Dora E Blatchley 2 Cardiff, Wales Boarder Silverton Devon Jane Selley 57 Poltimore, Devon, England Wife Silverton Devon Rhoda Selley 25 Silverton, Devon, England Daughter Silverton Devon Thomas Selley 47 Silverton, Devon, England Head Silverton Devon Thomas Selley 1 Silverton, Devon, England Grandson Silverton Devon wonder if this was her mother Charles S Blatchley 56 St John, London, England Head Wandsworth London Ellen Blatchley 54 Battersea, London, England Wife Wandsworth London Florence E Blatchley 25 Battersea, London, England Daughter Wandsworth London Percy S Blatchley 22 Battersea, London, England Son Wandsworth London Winnie Blatchley 30 Westminster, London, England Visitor Wandsworth London Marina Taylor 25 Camberwell, London, England Wandsworth London Annie Waghorn 20 Wilmington, Kent, England Wandsworth London jess

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 7 Mar 2005 15:11

Thank you all it was just the Cardiff connection i was wondering about , why her mother would go so far away to have her and then give her away, i think she had a great secret to hide maybe the father. Well thank you all for helping me . Happy hunting Lita