Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry(.)com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 5 Mar 2005 20:30

Has anyone noticed that you can now search census records via GR via Ancestry(.)com - and that when you log on to Ancestry(.)com it comes up saying 'GenesReunited powered by Ancestry(.)com'? I've only noticed this today... have I missed some annoucement? I'm not sure why I am paying £60 a year for Ancestry in addition to the GR fee if we can all search the same stuff!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Mar 2005 20:33

There is now a link to Ancestry from GR but you can only access subscription-based info by having a subscription (to Ancestry). nell

The Bag

The Bag Report 5 Mar 2005 20:33

you can't if you don't have a subscription you still have to pay when you get there it a very misleading link jess

NightingalesLostnFound

NightingalesLostnFound Report 5 Mar 2005 20:35

Its all part of their improved services You still currently have to register separately to get full access although I think you will be able to get full access with a new package in the future Best wishes Alan

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 5 Mar 2005 20:50

I tried it. You can look at 1881 census but everything else is 'locked' Kim