Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841; 1851; 1861 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 5 Mar 2005 16:06

Hi my name is Pauline and I would like very much to know how to find these census. In particular for Lancashire; Middlesex and Suffolk. I know that Ancestry has a small sample but I would like to be able to have more information. Kind Regards Pauline

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 5 Mar 2005 16:09

They are not online. Well, not in their entirity; you may find odd parishes have been transcribed by individuals, and FreeCEN might have a partial transcription. Ancestry will have them online within a few years. Otherwise, you'll have to buy them. Most are indexed only by address. S&N Genealogy supplies sell census CDs and various surname indexes.

Heather

Heather Report 5 Mar 2005 16:17

1837 on line has the 1861 for the home counties area - £5 per 55 units.