Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Odd problem.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 5 Mar 2005 12:01

On my fathers birth certificate it shows his mother as Beatrice Alice Euen. Oh his parents marriage certificate it shows his mothers name as Beatrice Alice Euen and her father as being George Euen. However, other than the 1901 census I cannot find any references to the EUEN's anywhere. I've tried different spelling of the name but none of them tie in. Any thoughts anyone? George

Helen

Helen Report 5 Mar 2005 12:07

There's quite a few on the LDS site. Try an 'exact' surname search and you should find them. Seems to be a Scottish name mainly.

Helen

Helen Report 5 Mar 2005 12:12

There's records on FreeBMD for the birth, marriage and death of a George Thomas Euen, all in London. Is this the area you are looking for? Post the area you're looking in and some dates and we'll see what we can find.

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 5 Mar 2005 12:21

did you try Even ?

Crista

Crista Report 5 Mar 2005 12:22

George, Here they are in 1891: Name Age in 1891 Birthplace Relationship to head-of-house Civil parish County View Image Euen, Beatrice 7 St Giles, London Daughter St Giles North London Euen, Sarah 29 Chichester, Sussex Wife St Giles North London Euen, Sarah 13 St Giles, London Daughter St Giles North London Euen, Thomas 10 St Giles, London Son St Giles North London Euen, Thomas G 47 St Giles, London Head St Giles North London Crista

Crista

Crista Report 5 Mar 2005 12:26

Beatrice's birth? Births Sep 1884 Eu_n Beatrice Alice Westminster 1a 528 Crista

George

George Report 5 Mar 2005 12:26

Thanks all - The information I have is my Great Grandfather George Euen was born c 1861 Scotland and married to Sara. My Grandmother Beatrice Alice Euen b 1882 I believe in London but not 100% sure of that. She married my Grandfather William James Lloyd b 1881 in 1901 and that's about all I can find after months of searching. George

Crista

Crista Report 5 Mar 2005 12:34

George, The family I listed in 1891 is the same as your family in 1901: Beatrice Euen 19 St Anns, London, England Daughter Bloomsbury St George and St Giles in the Fields London George Euen 40 Scotland Head Bloomsbury St George and St Giles in the Fields London Sarah Euen 40 Chichester, Sussex, England Wife Bloomsbury St George and St Giles in the Fields London Thomas Euen 21 Senen Dials, London, England Son Bloomsbury St George and St Giles in the Fields London Both were wine workers. Crista

George

George Report 5 Mar 2005 12:53

Thank you Crista and all. Amazing how another pair of eyes can work wonders. Looks as though they could not make up their minds how old they were though. I don't suppose you know the Lottery numbers for tonight by any chance? George

Rachel

Rachel Report 5 Mar 2005 14:03

Thought I'd just add that Sarah and Sara are interchangable - they have different pronousiations but frequently are still interchanged. First/ christian names offten get switched around as the individual never remembers what their birth record says and only have the names their parents used to call them as a guide.

George

George Report 5 Mar 2005 16:13

Sorry to be a pain Crista but on what site did you find the 1891 census records. I've done a search in all the census data bases I know of and they turn up nothing. I'm obviously looking in the wrong places. George

Thelma

Thelma Report 5 Mar 2005 16:20

George The question is odd, the answer is EVEN. not EUEN

George

George Report 5 Mar 2005 16:59

Ahhh that's why I could not find it. Thanks a lot got it now.