Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm really stuck !

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

connieonnie

connieonnie Report 5 Mar 2005 00:01

My ggggrandfather was Thomas Wolfenden ( aka - Wolfendale ) from the Bolton , Lancashire area and he was married to Margaret Dootson (all dates unknown ). I have found them in the 1841 census as living on Chorley Street ,Bolton . But in the 1851 census they are not there but a Thomas Wolfendale and Rosalie ( wife ) are . The children all seem to be the same ( names and ages ) for both years. So - what do you think ? Did Thomas dicorce and re-marry ? Did Margaret die ? Or is it my own wishful thinking that Thomas and Rosalie are anything to do with me ? Can anybody shed any light . P.S ........Thomas and Rosalie , are still there in the 1861 census............ Regards Connie

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 5 Mar 2005 00:07

Hi connie Found this on FreeBMD Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Deaths Mar 1851 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WOLFENDALE Margaret Bolton 21 1*

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 5 Mar 2005 00:11

Also found this as a possible Surname First name(s) District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages Mar 1850 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Baxendall John Preston 21 481 Howarth William Preston 21 481 Hunt George Preston 21 481 Parker Rosala Preston 21 481 Read Margaret Preston 21 481 Scott Joseph Preston 21 481 Smalley Hannah Preston 21 481 Wolfenden Thomas Preston 21 481 Wrigley Jane Preston 21 481

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 5 Mar 2005 07:43

hello thomas wolfenden and rosela parker married at st giles preston 7/1/1850.she is still on 1881 census aged 73 at north meols.she has 2 children with her,josiah wm age 30 and sarah 33 both born in bolton.that shows sarah was already born when they married . regards diane

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 5 Mar 2005 07:53

1871 - if you don't already have it. Name Age in 1871 Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Image Benjamin Rigby 6 Bolton, Kent, England Grandson Little Bolton Lancashire Joseph W Wolfenden 20 Bolton, Kent, England Son Little Bolton Lancashire Rosalie Wolfenden 63 Melling, Kent, England Wife Little Bolton Lancashire Thomas Wolfenden 69 Westhoughton Bolton, Kent, England Head Little Bolton Lancashire 1 Wolfendale Court. He's a Retired Bleacher.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 5 Mar 2005 07:57

Might this be Margaret's death? Deaths Mar 1849 -------------------------------- Wolfenden Margaret Bolton 21 87

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 5 Mar 2005 08:02

hello looks like thomas died bolton 1872 aged 70,8c 192. rosalie on 1881 census was also born in melling

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 5 Mar 2005 08:14

Melling might well mean MALLING. There's no Melling in Kent.

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 5 Mar 2005 08:27

hello melling is in lancashire nr preston as is north meols,do you think kent could be mistranscription.

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 5 Mar 2005 08:35

got thomas and margeret getting married if that helps 15/8/1824 at deane, bolton

connieonnie

connieonnie Report 5 Mar 2005 16:06

Well i have just come home from work , tuned in and seen all the reply's............WOW !!!!!!!! Thanks to : Diane Chloe always in a daydream Jeanette......... Youve all certainly given me something to think about especially about North Meols as Thomas's son was living in North Meols. Now there's just no getting away from it ......i'l have to order those certificates Regards Connie

VoluntaryRanger

VoluntaryRanger Report 25 Jul 2008 12:59

Hello, my gt gt gt grandfather was Charles Dootson, born Horwich,1797. He had a sister, christened in West Houghton on 5/8/1807 (I assume it's his sister, IGI gives the same parents).Deane by Bolton was the parish church for West Houghton and Horwich, and this area was where the Dootsons/Doodsons originated.Charles and Margarets parents were listed as Adam Dootson and Mary, and the only marriage likely was Adam with Mary Ramsdale in Deane by Bolton, which is where Margaret married Thomas Wolfendale.Do you think this might be your Margaret? JamieG

Sue C

Sue C Report 25 Jul 2008 13:24

Jamie,

This thread was started over three years ago and it's doubtful that Connie will come back to it after all this time.

Click on her name and send her a message.

Sue