Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How far is Warwickshire from Shropshire??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vickie

Vickie Report 4 Mar 2005 23:54

Hi I am in Australia so my UK geography is not good, I have a family who seemed to move between, Shropshire, Wales and Warwickshire, so can someone please enlighten me. I know Shropshire and Wales are close. Thanks Vickie

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 4 Mar 2005 23:59

What parts of Shropshire to what parts of Warwickshire? If you want to know in miles then I usually use the online aa route planner you can type place names into the route

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 5 Mar 2005 00:02

Hi Vickie I read a thread today where someone was asking about a program that tells you how far it was between parishes. I think it was called Parloc. Perhaps if you Google you might find it Jeanette x

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Mar 2005 00:11

hey Vicky I have family that moved between the same three counties - yours aren't called craddock are they??

Vickie

Vickie Report 5 Mar 2005 00:40

Thank you: Rebecca Jeanette Jenny Teri..no, unfortunately they are Jones !! Vickie

Tony

Tony Report 5 Mar 2005 00:45

Jones lol good luck with that one tony

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 5 Mar 2005 06:49

Hi, A family of my husband's family flitted between those counties but they also took in Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Yorkshire. The all worked in the steel industry. Gwynne

Hilary645633

Hilary645633 Report 5 Mar 2005 15:56

Hello, Genuki has pages giving maps of the UK and Wales which you might find useful. Shropshire is somtimes called Salop. You will see that the places you refer to are not far apart. We are only a small country. Hilary.