Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BMD questions - twins' births

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 4 Mar 2005 18:05

Does anyone know, would the birth of twins or triplets always have the same volume and page number for each child? (see below)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 4 Mar 2005 18:05

I'm trying to help my boyfriend to start on his family tree but it's turning out to be difficult. I'm looking for births in the early 1900s that should include twins and triplets (although 2 triplets possibly still born or died soon). Is it possible that still born children wouldn't even have been registered or would have been registered at a different time? Help! (to make it worse I can't find a marriage for the parents either!!) Thanks, Liz

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Mar 2005 18:18

Hi Elizabeth Multiple births do usually have the same vol and page numbers or the next page number along if they couldn't get them all on the same page - does that make sense? I believe it was quite common at that time for still births not to be registered. If you can view the parish register though it might tell you more Jeanette.

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Mar 2005 18:20

theres a fairly recent detailed thread on Still births, twins etc - search in the box ....

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 4 Mar 2005 18:32

Thanks both of you for your help. That answers one question - the still births probably wouldn't have been registered. Now I just have to find the child who died at six months. Thanks

Twinklestar

Twinklestar Report 4 Mar 2005 18:37

hi liz i have twins in my tree and on the birth certificates it has the time they were born they were on the same page and volume number but as for still born im not sure if you find the childs birth certificate that survived this may give you a clue hope this helps tracyg