Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What parish was Woodford, Essex in 1838?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trudy

Trudy Report 4 Mar 2005 16:28

Wonder if anyone can help? I have a Harriet Wright, born 1838 in Woodford Essex according to 1871 and 1881 census, (she is married to John Latter on both of these and I haven't found the marriage ref yet) but the only birth I can find for a Harriet Wright is Harriet Elizabeth March 1838 West Ham Vol 12 Pg 275. Clicking on 'West Ham' tells you that the parish spanned the London/Essex borders, but my geographical knowledge is not too hot on this area - is it possible that Woodford would have been in West Ham? Any help appreciated. Thanks Trudy

Sheila

Sheila Report 4 Mar 2005 16:51

Yes, just checked on Genuki, Woodford is in the West Ham registration district. Sheila

Trudy

Trudy Report 5 Mar 2005 10:05

Thanks for that Sheila.