Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FLYING CORE CONFUSED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annie

Annie Report 4 Mar 2005 13:13

I'm trying to look for someone who was in the Flying Core - when I go to the National Archives it just tells me I need to visit Kew or something, cannot I not do an online search does anyone know? Thanks

Aran

Aran Report 4 Mar 2005 13:18

This chap does research on the Flying Corps He does charge a fee though. http://www(.)rfc-rnas-raf-register(.)org(.)uk/

Annie

Annie Report 4 Mar 2005 13:24

Thanks Aran, Is it something you can't do yourself - is it difficult?

Heather

Heather Report 4 Mar 2005 13:26

If you cant get to Kew Ann you will have to pay a researcher to look up the info for you.

Annie

Annie Report 4 Mar 2005 13:45

Oh I see I'm new at this Heather. How do I pay him? Should I put a notice on the board... or do you think it would be a good trip for me to make, I'm just confused as to which office to go.. I need Birth Marriage and Death Certs and this one? would Kew do all that?

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 4 Mar 2005 23:14

There are no BMD or census records at Kew. If you are going to make a special trip to London to get military records from Kew, then you may as well spend a second day at the FRC in Islington. This is where the BMD index and all census returns are. Don't attempt to do both in one day. If you can't get to Kew, then you'll have to contact this chap through his website and make arrangements directly.

Heather

Heather Report 4 Mar 2005 23:30

Do you live a long way from London? You may try putting a notice on the Records office board asking if some kind person who is going to Kew could look up this chaps records for you. Ann, didnt you say this was your grandad and that he is still alive? If so, he should be able to apply for the records himself.

Peter

Peter Report 5 Mar 2005 00:38

Have you got a name and/or a squadren number I might be able to find some thing (NO Promeses)

Annie

Annie Report 5 Mar 2005 22:32

All I have of my granddfathers brother is the following:- Charles Thomas Clark and he was born 1897 and he joined roughly about 1914/15? Granddad thinks he was 17.

Peter

Peter Report 5 Mar 2005 23:06

Try this site www.rfc-mas-raf-register.org.uk/register.htm

Annie

Annie Report 5 Mar 2005 23:58

Thanks Peter, It didn't seem to work. Annie?