Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Name Summary Improved?????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 3 Mar 2005 13:37

Genes say it is - but I don't think so!! Why do I have to go through yet another process to see the names that have been added recently, another to see the names that are now on page 2 where they all used to be on one page - and to have to wade through view view view to see the numbers!! Fail to see how this is an improvement on what we had before!! Or am I the only one?

Trudy

Trudy Report 3 Mar 2005 13:52

No you're not - I totally agree with you - far too cumbersome.

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 3 Mar 2005 13:55

Thanks heavens for that - was beginning to think it was just me!! Maybe they can tweak the page to keep the so called improvements, but also to restore that which we've lost.....

Nichola

Nichola Report 3 Mar 2005 13:57

I agree too. I cant even work out where I need to click to see names added today that match mine. Any help would be appreciated for someone to point me in the right direction. Cheers

Tony

Tony Report 3 Mar 2005 13:58

Totally agree .Its very confusing .Messages are difficult to read.Not very inviting .Why change it anyway ?????

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 3 Mar 2005 13:59

Nichola, Top right hand corner - drop down menu - took me a while to find it!!

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 3 Mar 2005 15:08

Richard, Get yourself on to the Name Summary page, top right hand corner where it says 'Tip: Refine your search to new matches within the drop-down' is the bit you want for names added today - or in the last 14 days.

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 3 Mar 2005 15:15

Maggie....... Rule 10..... ' A Scout Smiles & Whistles under all difficulties '..... MIKE...lol :0))))

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 3 Mar 2005 15:17

Mike, Good job I'm not a Scout then!! Much more satisfying to curse and swear!!!! Off to Blaby for another TM meeting tonight - maybe see you in the shop? M

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 3 Mar 2005 15:21

Maggie.. That includes Leaders as well ..... Yep ....I'll be the one trying to smile & whistle and the same time.... C U L8er..... MIKE.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 3 Mar 2005 15:28

Its all those columns of 0000s I have trouble with, they make me go cross eyed! Trying to find a number is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.... :( 'Tho I guess all the young ones on here with 100% vision won't see my problem.....lol :) Chris

JG70

JG70 Report 3 Mar 2005 16:35

Adding to grumble about name summary!! Jacquie

Kim

Kim Report 3 Mar 2005 17:05

has anyone noticed the search family trees section at the side that is new too? Kim

Nichola

Nichola Report 4 Mar 2005 13:56

Hi Maggie, Yes found it now but dont like the new set up. Nicky

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Mar 2005 14:27

I thought the names summary page was much improved. Everything together and easy to see. Perhaps I'm weird then!!