Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Relatives Site and Timing Out

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sane Jayne

Sane Jayne Report 2 Mar 2005 19:09

I am trying to purchase some units and everytime I check the box for buying 60 units and then click on continue and then it comes up with message @timed out, please login' Has anyone any ideas what may be causing this or any ideas how to rectify it. Many Thanks. Jayne

Heather

Heather Report 2 Mar 2005 19:15

Jayne, some people had this problem for a long time. Its best to email them and hopefully they will sort it for you. Its such a shame they havent got over these teething problems because its a brilliant site when you get on. I will mail you their email addy - I know it well - sent about 20 mails to them before I got sorted.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2005 19:16

Is your Firewall compounding this ?

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2005 19:27

similar impementation to 1837Online, but better search facility twixt 1866 and 1920... https://www.familyrelatives.org/treequest/jsp/customer/welcome.jsp

Heather

Heather Report 2 Mar 2005 19:28

Maureen, it is a pay to view site that has been up and running about 3 weeks now I think but still has teething problems. It is similar to 1837online - but much better for searches. You can enter a name and area and it will bring up all the possibles for you to use from, transcribed.

Tammy

Tammy Report 2 Mar 2005 19:41

Hi I have had terrible problems with this site and have given up!! I have done the firewall thing and it still times out on me all the time! Can I have the email address to please?? I would use the site but it wont let me!! Thank you Tammy

sarahjw03

sarahjw03 Report 2 Mar 2005 20:00

I have Mcafee virus scan and can only use this site when I disable it, I know I shouldn't, but the site is so helpful that I have taken the risk. I had exactly the same problem for ages, despite repeated emails and following their instructions re firewall etc. I think it must just be incompatible with some anti virus software. After I finish I always run my virus scan, and so far nothing has got infected. Sarah