Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 - need another pair of eyes reading surname

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2005 10:38

I have found in the 1881 census a Samuel H Rose aged 37 born Marylebone Wood Caver. Living with him and wife Anna are a bunch of Nieces and Nephews eldest William Patermant aged 14. I have tried looking for these Nieces and Nephews in the 1891 and 1901 zilch and even BMD zilch. I am thinking their surname has been mistransribed - what do you think their surname reads? Many thanks for your time Linda

Crista

Crista Report 2 Mar 2005 10:41

Could be Pateman. Crista

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2005 10:42

I'll put that on my list Thanks Crista Lin

Christine2

Christine2 Report 2 Mar 2005 10:54

Hi Lyn There aren't any William Pa* +/- 2 in 1901. There are a lot of William Rose though. Could he have adopted the name? Chrissie

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2005 11:05

See what you mean Chrissie Putting it mildly - flip it! Will try that avenue Thanks Linda

Crista

Crista Report 2 Mar 2005 11:08

Samuel is still with them in 1891. Says Paleman there or Pateman if he didn't cross the T. Crista

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2005 11:30

Big Ta Crista I'll have a rummage on the Paleman's Linda

Christine2

Christine2 Report 2 Mar 2005 11:41

Hi Lyn There is a Samuel Rose aged 55 on 1901 in St Pancras with wife Hannah also 55. Could they be the same ones? It's the only Samuel aged 57 +/- 2 in the London are that I could find with a half close match for wife. Chrissie

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2005 11:43

Hi Chrissie Yes have found Samuel and Hannah Rose - it's the Nieces and Nephews who are proving a pain in the you know what Lin

Christine2

Christine2 Report 2 Mar 2005 11:44

Lyn Have you seen the image for 1901? I think I have a credit left on 1901 if you want it. Chrissie

Christine2

Christine2 Report 2 Mar 2005 12:06

Lin Me again. Don't know if this any help. There is a William Palmer (33) a commercial Clerk in St Pancras 1901, who seems to be on the same page as Ellen Rose 35 and Alfred Rose 39. Chrissie