Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 - SE England - on line?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heidi

Heidi Report 2 Mar 2005 08:18

Did I hear correctly on Radio 4 just now...1861 SE England census to be released on-line on a pay-per-view basis (30p per hit) pr was I still asleep?

Heather

Heather Report 2 Mar 2005 08:22

Hi 1837 online has the 1861 for London, Middx, Surrey and Kent. Its been up and running a couple of weeks now. Ive already spent (wasted?) a tenner on it. Its £5 for 55 units - they go very quickly. I noticed Genealogy website is offering a month for a fiver but you probably have to pay a sub on top. I understand ancestry will have it all on line in May.

Julia

Julia Report 2 Mar 2005 08:22

I've just signed in to computer and my email shows latest news - says full transcription of 1861 is on 1837online site - which is a sort of pay per view - you buy credits I think - bet it will crash this morning tho! Just been on and checked - not all available yet - previous answer obviously better informed! Julia

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 2 Mar 2005 08:28

Yes, you did indeed. I went to the Beeb website to try and find the article and started to think I'd been halucinating too. Think I'll still wait for ancestry to get it, may as well get my money's worth out of them!

Peter

Peter Report 2 Mar 2005 08:57

I had it on my BT news page this morning. Some famose names in it Dickins, and F. Nightingale. And a list off wird and wounderfull ones.