Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NOOOOOOOOOO!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 1 Mar 2005 14:20

I've just deleted my tree so that i can upload my new and improved tree and now it won't upload the new one! is anyone else having trouble? Claire x

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 1 Mar 2005 14:37

This happened to me once, and it transpired that when I deleted my tree it also erased my date of birth. When I re-entered it everything was fine.

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 1 Mar 2005 14:52

cheers Ness, i'll give that a go! c x

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 1 Mar 2005 14:58

nope, i'm there complete with DOB but it still keeps coming up with an error page! Damn and blast, i'd got over 200 people on there as well! c x

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2005 15:02

Triple check that the fundamental details for 'you' in the file agree with 'you' in GR tree ....

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2005 15:04

Claire I've been trying to bring my tree back across from PAF since yesterday and I keep getting an internal server error message. It appears to think about it for ages then either times out or tells me the page cannot be displayed. I'm still trying....! Lou

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 1 Mar 2005 15:08

Laird Good point - i'll have to check that out! Lou, Glad i'm not the only one! c x

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 1 Mar 2005 15:17

Laird, phew - all back on!!!! You were right - one had my middle name on and the other didn't! Cheers c x

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2005 15:19

Smug mode !

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2005 15:26

Still timing me out!

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2005 15:32

Lou - how big is the file ? GR's implementation of Export/Import seems a bit ht & miss - I have about 400 names plus notes and sometimes it times out, other times you think it wont end, but in fact it has uploaded. Its an area that someone needs to look at the programming and interface better with the user ....

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 1 Mar 2005 15:34

Good grief! whish i'd got 400 plus names on my tree! c x

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Mar 2005 15:41

Claire - 400 is small beer - check this guys tree .... www.wardjc*com

Helen

Helen Report 1 Mar 2005 15:49

If you have created a Gedcom file using PAF, have you used 'ANSI'? When you click the export button you will see 'other Gedcom 5.5'. Make sure ANSI is highlighted in the Char Set box below. GR won't accept it if you haven't as I found out a few months ago.

~Little Ray of Sunshine~

~Little Ray of Sunshine~ Report 1 Mar 2005 16:20

Crikey! Doubt i'll ever get that far!!! wonder how long it takes to do that well?!?!?! c x