Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've ran into a brick wall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 28 Feb 2005 21:10

… and yes, it hurts! Looking for the following family Robert Bloomfield, b abt 1860 in Wigan, Lancashire - married Ellen, last name unknown, bn abt 1861 in Wigan, Lancs Son, David Bloomfield, b abt 1881 in Wigan Lancs Son, Edward Bloomfield, b abt 1883 In Wigan, Lancs Son, Robert Bloomfield, b abt 1885 in Kelloe, Durham Dau, Margaret Alice Bloomfield, b abt 1886 in Framwellgate Moor, Durham Dau, Annie Bloomfield, b abt 1891 in Framwellgate Moor, Durham Son, Benjamin Bloomfield, b abt 1894 in ?????, Durham Dau, Rebecca Bloomfield, b abt 1896 in Framwellgate Moor, Durham All from the 1901 census, prior to that I can find no trace of them, with the possible exception of Robert in the 1891 census, living with his uncle Mark Bloomfield, but it may not be him. It appears they came out of nowhere. I can’t find birth details for any of them, have searched Ancestry, Freebmd and 1837, but I have found marriage details for some of the children and they’re still in the Durham area. The only marriage for a Robert Bloomfield and an Ellen (Fenn/Fenning) that I can find, took place in 1879 in Suffolk and I found a birth ref for Robert in Suffolk in 1859 and Ellen Fenn or Fenning in Suffolk in 1861. Help... anyone? Brenda

Crista

Crista Report 28 Feb 2005 21:22

Brenda, Found Rebecca under Broomfield. Crista

Esta

Esta Report 28 Feb 2005 21:28

could this be them in 1891 : Broomfield, Ann 1 Framwellgate, Durham Daughter Pelton Durham Broomfield, David 10 Hindley, Lancashire Son Pelton Durham Broomfield, Edward 8 Hindley, Lancashire Son Pelton Durham Broomfield, Eleanor 31 Hindley, Lancashire Wife Pelton Durham Broomfield, Margaret A 3 Framwellgate, Durham Daughter Pelton Durham Broomfield, Robert 32 Pittington, Durham Head Pelton Durham Broomfield, Robert 6 Kelloe, Durham Son Pelton Durham Getting a bit confused as I've been tring for a while......What do you think Esta

Crista

Crista Report 28 Feb 2005 21:31

This could be the marriage: Marriages Dec 1881 Broomfield Robert Wigan 8c 44 MOLYNEUX Ellen Wigan 8c 44 Crista

Esta

Esta Report 28 Feb 2005 21:38

tried 1881 the only Robert i could find was : Robert Blomfield abt 1859 Pittington, Durham, England Son Thornley At home with his family not yet married.........not sure if it's yours !! Esta

Crista

Crista Report 28 Feb 2005 21:43

A possibility for Ellen with David. It says son, but we all know that a late child can also belong to one of the daughters. He's also missing from this family in 1891: Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability John MOLYNEUX Head M Male 47 Ince, Lancashire, England Coal Miner Alice MOLYNEUX Wife M Female 47 Westhoughton, Lancashire, England Ellen MOLYNEUX Daur U Female 20 Hindley, Lancashire, England Throstle Spinner Cotton Mill Thomas MOLYNEUX Son U Male 18 Leigh, Lancashire, England Coal Miners Drawer Susan MOLYNEUX Daur U Female 15 Ince, Lancashire, England Cotton Mill Reeler James MOLYNEUX Son U Male 13 Ince, Lancashire, England Pony Driver Colly Underground Ann MOLYNEUX Daur Female 10 Ince, Lancashire, England Scholar John MOLYNEUX Son Male 5 Ince, Lancashire, England Scholar Peter MOLYNEUX Son Male 2 Ince, Lancashire, England David MOLYNEUX Son Male 1 m Ince, Lancashire, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling 1 Railway Side Ho Census Place Ince In Makerfield, Lancashire, England Family History Library Film 1341903 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 3777 / 112 Page Number 42 Crista

Brenda

Brenda Report 28 Feb 2005 21:59

You're all brilliant, take a bow! I'll have a full look at the entries and census data now I have more to go on and see where that leads, but it looks promising. Thanks again, Brenda