Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP FINDING LAKE FAMILY MEMBERS NEEDED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 27 Feb 2005 22:57

Hi My name is Amanda Fish, and I am trying to trace members of the LAKE family tree for my friend. Her name is Emma Lake and she was born in 1974 in Canvey ISland, Essex. She has a genetic illness called MEN1, which she contracted off her Dad, Alan William Lake. Alan unfortunately died in 1992, his father and mother have also died. Alan, is one of five children. Emma, had very little contact with her father, since he split with her Mum, Linda. Since Alan's death, Emma has had no contact with any of her Aunts since Alan's death. Emma would really like to have contact with her paternal family, but we dont know how to find them. I have placed an 'ad' on the Trying to find board, and have searched the electoral role for members of her family, but no no avail. Please can someone help me and direct me, to where I should go next. Emma has just had an operation connected with MEN1. Emma is frightened that she has passed this illness to her young children, and would like as much information about the family illness as she can gather. She has been asked questions about her family, that she just can not answer. If you can help, then please do. Thanks Amanda Fish

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 27 Feb 2005 23:33

AmandA I dont know if this is of any use to you, but the Salvation Army will help trace relatives in cases like this. And I am not sure, but think the National Insurance people will pass on a letter to next of kin. I wish your friend good luck in her search. Marjorie

Smiley

Smiley Report 27 Feb 2005 23:38

Does she know about, and has she been offered genetic counselling? This would answer her worries over her children Good luck in your search Sam I've just read your other message, I've sent you an Essex address, fingers crossed. I presume the twin girls would have married, I don't suppose you know their married names?